KENTUCKY DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION SOCIAL MEDIA GUIDELINES.We welcome you to engage with the Kentucky Department of Education (KDE) through our Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and other social media channels.
The purpose of these social media channels is to convey information about the agency and the state’s 171 school districts; promote and raise awareness of KDE’s vision, mission, policies and services; and communicate timely information to families, students, employees, and other stakeholders.
These channels are not intended to be general public forums covering all topics. In addition, the KDE manages and moderates the content and comments on all of our social media sites. These guidelines are intended to maintain social media platforms in a manner that is viewpoint neutral. Further, social media platforms may have automated mechanisms that hide or otherwise block comments which are beyond the control of KDE.
The comments expressed on social network sites do not necessarily reflect the opinions or position of KDE or the Kentucky Board of Education. A comment is the opinion of the commenter only. If you have any questions concerning the operation of these social media channels, please contact the Division of Communications in the Office of the Commissioner.
If comments are permitted and posted, KDE reserves the right to remove submissions/comments that:
- Contain vulgar language or images;
- Represent personal attacks of any kind;
- Target or disparage any civic, ethnic, racial, or religious group;
- Threatening statements within the meaning of KRS 508.075 to 508.080 or harassment within the meaning of KRS 525.070(1)(a), (b), (d), (e), or (f);
- Do not show consideration for others' privacy or contain confidential, personally identifying, or private information;
- Are considered likely to offend or provoke others into inflammatory debates;
- Material that, taken as a whole: appeals to the prurient interest in sex; describes or portrays sexual conduct in a patently offensive way; or contains explicit sexual content that does not have serious literary, artistic, political, or scientific value.
- Are spam or trolling;
- Include links to other sites;
- Are clearly off topic;
- Advocate illegal activity or violence;
- Promote particular services, products, or political organizations;
- Infringe on copyrights or trademarks;
- Defame individuals, businesses, or organizations; or
- Provide misleading or false information.
Additionally, each post's comment section may be revised, turned off, or restricted as needed - in order to maintain an informative and respectful environment for public school families, students, employees, and other stakeholders.
If you have any questions about KDE’s Social Media Guidelines, please contact Toni Konz Tatman, chief communications officer, at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 502-564-2000.